What does this policy cover?
What are local objects?
Local objects are small files that our websites download to your device when you visit us online. They are linked to your browser and hold a small amount of information about the way you interact with our websites.
What do you do with them?
We use local objects for the purposes described in our Data Processing Policy. Here are some examples.
- To save your preferences and settings. You can, if you wish, choose to save certain website settings based on your preferences. Examples include saving your user name and password to make future logins easier and remembering other preferences. These objects are tied to your browser. If you delete cookies and other local objects with your browser settings you will lose any stored preferences you might have set up.
- To help us learn how well our websites are working. We collect information about pages you visit, how long you spend on our pages, and the way you interact with content. We use this information to help us improve our websites and display the best content.
- To enable you to communicate with us. Local objects enable us to connect you with chat operators to get answers to your questions about our products and services. These objects ensure that we have your name and contact information in case we need to follow up.
- To promote our products and services. If you visit one of our websites, we may place a local object on your device that enables us to display ads for our products and services on other websites you visit.
What third parties do you work with?
We rely on third party service providers to manage local objects and the information they collect.
- Salesforce Pardot is our primary digital marketing automation platform for email marketing, form captures, and analytics. All our web forms use Pardot to collect and store data. Pardot also stores data collected by a number of our other service providers who place local objects on our web pages.
- Google Analytics is our primary web analytics tool. It collects “clickstream” information when you use our websites that consists of information about the pages you visit, how long you spend there, and what you do on each page.
- Olark lets you chat with people on our sales team and discuss our products and services. It uses local objects to gather information about you from the open Internet to help our representatives better answer your questions.
- On24 hosts our webinars and lets you register for them. On24 uses local objects to store your information so we can send you reminders about upcoming events. The platform also tracks user activity during webinars like logging whether you attended, what materials you downloaded, and how long you stayed logged in.
- Wistia hosts our videos. It uses local objects to collect information about your device and monitor how long you spend watching our videos.
- AdRoll uses a cookie to let us display ads for our products and services on other sites you visit.
- Crazy Egg collects information on what you click and how much you scroll on our websites. We use this information to determine how engaging our website content is.
- Local objects from Facebook, Linkedin, and Twitter let you share Sphera website content with others via social media and interact with other social media users. They also provide information about how you interact with Sphera websites to those social networks so they can display more relevant advertising to you based on what you did on our websites.
What are my choices?
You can always use your browser settings and other tools you can choose to install to control how your devices interact with cookies and other local objects. Your browser may also allow you to set a “Do Not Track” setting. If you block local objects like cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our websites. Our websites may not be able to respond to Do Not Track settings from all browsers. If you want to learn more about how you can control different types of local objects, you can visit any of the following links.
How long do you retain data?
We retain information collected from local objects for varying lengths of time depending on what the data are and the kind of object that collected them. Some only last for the duration of one visit to a Sphera website. Others will last for anywhere between a couple of weeks to several months or indefinitely.
How do I contact you with questions or requests relating to this policy?
If you are a registered Sphera customer, the best way to contact us is to via the Sphera Customer Network. Our customer service team will open a case number and get your question or request to the right personnel who can assist you. They will also track progress of your case to ensure that it gets resolved. If you don’t have an account on the Sphera Customer Network you can use the “Contact Us” form on the home page.
You may also reach us by mail at:
Sphera Solutions, Inc.
ATTN: Legal Department
130 E Randolph Street #1900
Chicago, IL 60601